From the Editor...
Just a quick note to let you know that today marks the first day of FBV's annual two-week August shutdown. We'll be back after Labor Day to bring you the news and analysis that you count on from us.
Before we go, here are some recent stories you should be sure not to miss:
- The last pending 36(b) case has been resolved, with an appeals court affirming a lower court decision in a case against Great-West Capital Management.
- Our latest 10 Things... list covers lessons learned after more than two decades of 36(b) cases.
- Activist investor Saba Capital Management actually took over a closed-end fund from Voya Investment Management, first successfully getting its nominees onto the board and then assuming investment management responsibilities. The newest iteration of the fund board will be voted on by shareholders next month.
- ESG is a hot topic all over the mutual fund world—and certainly in boardrooms. Experts tell us that directors should focus on the prospectus and ask lots of questions.
- Bob Kennedy from FUSE Research Network weighs in on completion funds and what board members should know and ask about them.
- And...more! Visit our site and catch up.
Enjoy the last few weeks of summer, and stay safe and healthy.
Hillary Jackson, founding editor